Where there is smoke...
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Okay, I usually do not remember my dreams. I would even swear that I don't dream, but I have taken enough psychology classes to know that everyone dreams, it is a matter of whether you remember them or not. That being said, the once a year or so I actually remember my dreams, it is because they are just weird.
I was dead asleep the other night, and then I heard a click. Now normally when you wake up at 3am, you are a little groggy, as it is generally to go to the bathroom, or in my case, to get some milk (yeah, I know, don't ask). Not this time. I woke up so alert that it actually scared me. The reason: that click I heard reminded me of a spark that would start an electrical fire. Then I look behind my nightstand to look at the plug and just ensure I am not waking up to our apartment being on fire, and I see a glowing orange color coming from the electrical outlet. Yeah, it scared the crap out of me. I jump out of bed turn on the light, and realize that orange color just happened to be the power button on the surge protector behind my nightstand reflecting off the outlet. Okay...needless to say, I checked every outlet in the house at 3am, and never made it back to sleep.
The next afternoon, we had come back from my brother's house where we had lunch and played rockband with his kids. (Oh and by the way I swore I had smelled smoke there too) I was tired, and fell asleep in a chair. I woke up about thirty minutes later, drool everywhere (nice huh?) and Jenae staring at me. She said I was barking in my sleep. Well, I cannot explain it, but I actually remember my dream, well at least the place. I was in a fire station. Probably from the "fire" the previous night. The weird part is, I am pretty sure I was the Dalmatian that rides the fire truck. I remember the Dalmatian in my dream, but that is the only reason I can give for barking in my sleep.
Actually, I think I will blame all this on the numerous drugs I am pumping into my body to knock the heck out of whatever I have.
3 comments:
I would like to know what drugs you are taking because I can almost promise you that they don't cause you to bark in your sleep. They make drugs to treat you if that is your problem, though...
Barking in your sleep? Excessive drooling? Smelling things that aren't there? Hallucinations.
Definitely a brain tumor. You need to watch more House and you would know these things.
woof woof!!!! lol!!! It was just about the funniest thing I have ever encountered in our 3 plus years of marraige!!!!!
Post a Comment