Well, Crap

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I have been lucky enough to be able to fly to Chicago for the last few trips. In fact I haven't driven in over a month, so this trip that started yesterday, I had to drive. I remembered that I really didn't miss the drive at all. Then it happened.




In case you are having a hard time telling what you are looking at, that would be my windshield on the Xterra. Well, my windshield with huge cracks about the size of 2 dollar bills. It is 6 inches wide and 5 inches high. Nice, huh? Yeah, let me tell you if you have not experienced a piece of retread hitting your windshield at somewhere between the speed of smell and the speed of light (approx 80mph) it sounds like a crack of thunder 12 inches from your head. I am pretty sure I had to change after it hit me.

The good news is, our insurance company is actually pretty good. This is my second glass claim (the first one being when the Xterra was broken into in FL) and Geico has been awesome through both. I called them this morning from my hotel, and they wanted to schedule to have it replaced this afternoon, which of course I cannot. But we got an appointment for Saturday to replace the windshield. The problem is, the Xterra is in Chicago. I have to drive home tonight when I land in ORD tonight at 830pm and then I have to be in Chicago again Friday morning at 7am, but luckily I can fly.

I guess I should have a new windshield anyway, huh. Yeah, I didn't think so either. But oh well.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP