Oh, The Lodge
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Almost every single hotel that we stay at in the 112 cities in the US, Mexico, and Canada that we service is a chain hotel. Holiday Inns, Raddissons, Hiltons, etc. There are only 6 exceptions, and most of them are overnights that Phoenix based crews stay at. For us in Chicago, we have 2 hotels that are not chain hotels. I have not stayed in either, until today. I am in Moline, IL, actually the hotel is across the state line, so I am in Iowa. The hotel we stay at here is 'The Lodge'. Sounds cozy, right? Maybe not. This place is weird. Here is a picture of the outside of the hotel (sorry about the quality, taken with my cell).
To me, this place looks like the "Haunted Mansion" from Disneyland. Rumor has it, there about as many ghosts here as there are there too. In fact, I have 'the room'. I only found this out because the flight attendants and captain all refused this room. I had heard stories of this hotel before, but this is my first visit. The rooms have the four poster beds, and old chandeliers. It looks like George Washington would have stayed here. Now I am not superstitious or even really believe in ghosts, but if it were going to happen, I would imagine it would happen here. So, if I am not blogging in the next couple days, I probably was killed when a ghost causes this 4 poster bed to collapse on me!
1 comments:
BOO! Better you than me!
Post a Comment