Again? What do you mean again?

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So I got this chain email from a buddy. The title is: "FW: I am proud to be an American Again!!!" What the heck? I open it and it is all about how Obama is the saving grace for America and the World, and that we can all hold our heads up high again and be proud that we are Americans.

Well I don't know about you all, but I didn't get the memo that we were not supposed to be proud to be an American. I guess I missed out. Here I thought, that we should always be proud to be an American and everything that means. I thought that no matter how bad things got (i.e. the economy, etc.) that our values are what holds this country together. Hmm. I guess I was wrong. Here it seemed like about 53% of the population (if you don't know where I got that number, check out CNN) disliked being an American for a while. Now, don't get me wrong, we have had our share of issues over the past few years, and I truly hope that Obama can boost us out of this hole we seem to be in, but never did I wish I was a Candanian, Mexican, or whatever nation everyone else seemed to be siding with.

Needless to say, I did not forward the email like it said to. Apparently I can expect 22.5 years of bad luck, I will turn into a three headed iguana and my deepest wish will never come true because of the bad luck for not forwarding this "patrotic email" but I figure I shouldn't expect much worse than barking in my sleep and thinking my house is on fire, right?

1 comments:

Blade Thursday, November 06, 2008 8:28:00 AM  

At this point.. I think I have about 374 years of bad luck, plagues, hexes and voodoo curses on me for all the annoying bullshit chain letter emails I have refused to forward on. What is a couple more years?

I have to agree with you though.. its bullshit. You don't have to like everything going on with the country at a given time. You can think things need to change and do what you can to get that change in motion. But don't bitch about not being proud to be an an american. If you don't like it.. then get out.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP