It started with Ohio
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
As we were eating dinner last night, and of course watching the election results on CNN, it happened. Ohio went to Obama. Fairly early into the night, and the election was basically called. If Obama won Ohio, Obama had won the Presidency. Florida followed, so did Virginia, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Then came the nail in the coffin, which everyone expected. California went without a doubt to Obama. It was over.
McCain gave his speech to a crowd in Phoenix, receiving "boos" from the crowd when he said he had congratulated Obama on becoming the President Elect. He seemed gracious though. He seemed tired and ready for the race to be over, as I am sure everyone is.
Obama had a very different speech to make in Chicago to a crowd of over 100,000 including his long time supporter, Oprah. People who were there said they were there to watch history being made. History it was. Obama took the stage and the crowd went wild. Jesse Jackson had tears on his face, as did many others.
I have never made it a secret that I wanted McCain. I hope though, that Obama is good for this country. He made a lot of promises to bring change. America could use some of that, no doubt.
0 comments:
Post a Comment