Never Say Never

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I am sitting in Charlotte, NC waiting for a plane to get here from DC so we can take it to Austin, TX. I know...waiting for planes seems to be all I do, even more than flying. I just happen to be watching CNN in the crew room here though, and I see Michael Jackson's blite (that's black and white together, although admittedly I see no black left) face. Apparently his 2,500 "Neverland" ranch in Santa Barbara, CA has been turned over to a corporation.

A quick history on this magical place. It opened in 1988, named after Peter Pan's magical place of children and no parents. Gee, I wonder why he wanted that. When it was in its full swing, it featured a zoo, with Bubbles the chimp (remember him?) and four giraffes. It also had a merry-go-round and a roller coaster, along with the Ferris wheel and bumper cars. It was a happening place. Of course this place designed for only children by a 30 something male did not help this freak of pop when he faced his child molestation chargers. Even though he was acquitted, I think it is like OJ Simpson. He will get his too.

The other part of the story was readers sending in emails with suggestions on what should become of this horror land. Some of the ideas were civilized, such as use it as a "Make-a-wish" park. Or an animal sanctuary. Another idea is a terminal illness child ranch, where families can live for a couple weeks with a ill child.

Other ideas were, well, different. The idea of turning it into a vineyard selling wine as "Jackson's Jesus Juice" (apparently what he called the alcohol he gave the young boys at his ranch).

And of course there were the ideas such as a shrine (much as Elvis has in Graceland) to him. I cannot see spending money to honor a jackass who should be in jail, or at least stick him in Neverland and put one of those electric fences around it that dog owners use, and put the collar on him. Just my opinion. I know, I am probably hated by all who thinks that he is some sort of musical genius, but I don't care. I have always hated his music, and cannot stand him. What kind of parent would take or let thier child go there anyway?

Oh well. Hopefully my plane comes soon! Here are some pictures of "Neverland Ranch"





0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP