A Wet Moose...
Thursday, November 6, 2008
I was watching an old "Cosby Show" rerun yesterday and reading the latest email from our pilot's union on the tentative agreement (TA) for our new contract. This TA is the labor of the last 14 months of negotiations between the pilot group and the airline. However, the union seems to be trying to feed us garbage that diverts us around the actual issues that we are having with the company. This whole TA seems to be written in some sort of embedded spy code that I do not understand.
Meanwhile, in the show, Cliff (Cosby) was trying to get some information about a present out of Olivia. Olivia knowing that the information was valuable decided to give Cliff a clue. The clue regarding the present was this: "A wet moose walks backwards at night, but an old buzzard whistles in his sleep." Well low and behold, it was like they were reading the emails from my union...in fact I am pretty sure that this 'clue' made more sense.
Why not just come out and say in plain ENGLISH what is going on. Good, bad, or whatever, just communicate. I know that 97% of communication is supposed to be listening, but if you had to listen to the sewer refuge that the union was sending us, you would understand. Oh well. Who needs more pay and more days off anyway, right?
0 comments:
Post a Comment