Accident Capitals

Friday, October 31, 2008

I know, two posts in the same day, I must be bored. But I saw this, and felt compelled to share it with all two people who actually read this anyway! In keeping with the Halloween apparently, MSN put out the list of the places and types of the most accidental deaths. Be glad you don't live some of these places!

Motor Vehicle Accidents: Johnson City, Tenn.
The people who live here say it must be the beautiful vista views of the Blue Ridge Mountain range that make it hard for the drivers to concentrate.

Poisoning: Washington, D.C.
Can we say drug users? The most common form of poisoning just happens to be an overdose of either Oxycontin or hydrocodone. In fact the death rate of poisoning has risen almost 80% in the last two years. I think that is what my sister does actually...I know she is a drug dealer!

Falls: West Palm Beach, FL
Now I personally would have guessed Sun City, but I would be wrong. Of course I think the entire state of Florida is a huge Sun City, so I guess it all makes sense, huh?

Suffocation: Daytona Beach, FL
Okay.

Drowning: Daytona Beach, FL
Man, this place has it out for you. Even if you don't suffocate, you will probably drown. Fantastic. Actually, it is probably those young kids and their alcohol. Damn these kids these days!

Bicycle / Rollerblade / Skateboard: Macon, GA
Oh, and pogo sticks too! Yes, Macon, GA has the highest death rate of pogo stick accidents. I am not quite sure why, but the city that is responsible for the wonderful musical instrument, the Kazoo, (exactly) also has too many people using pogo sticks!

Natural Environment: Yuma, AZ
I am sure my brother already guessed this one. Actually I am pretty sure he said the whole state, but none the less, Yuma is the winner. With temperatures reaching 124 degrees in summer along with the extreme dryness, more than a few illegal immigrants have perished in this wasteland. In fact, Yuma has a nickname from said immigrants of the "Devil's Highway".

Struck by an Object: Newburgh, NY
A long time ago, this city was the first to be completely electrified. Today, a local construction boom has paved the way for scaffolding, ladders, and the such, which have been known to come crashing down, with horrible circumstances sometimes.

Pedestrian: Gary, IN
With a 400% increase since 2006, Gary has won the spot. The weird thing is, all the deaths have occurred between Midnight and noon. See what happens when you go for a run at 3am?

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP