I don't know what to do with myself

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I had to do it. I had to actually call in sick for a trip. Now, being a pilot poses a few problems. The airlines depend on staffing. It is not a like a normal job where even if someone calls in sick, a store may be short handed, but they will suffer through...not quite the same with us. On the other hand, there are many reasons that pilots MUST medically ground themselves.

I have been feeling pretty crappy since my last trip. The last day of the trip the sinus pressure was bad. I was hoping the 48 hours off would alleviate most of my problems. Alas, to no avail, I am still sick. I have been pumping my body with every drug I can think of to force whatever I have out, but it won't leave. I decided I better be safe and not try and kill 100 people in the back of my plane if I get dizzy upon landing. Not the best place for the fever to hit. So I called in.

The thing is though, I now have NINE days with no trips. I was supposed to have 5 days after this trip I called in for, but now with that trip off my schedule, I have NINE. What does a person do (who, keep in mind never has more than 48 hours off before leaving home again for 4 days) with 9 days off? I mean, the next couple days will be fantastic to sleep and not worry about anything so I can get better and get this medicine out of my system (since I cannot fly on the medicine I am taking), but then what to do with a week off? If only Jenae had time off, we would find a way to head to Amsterdam or something, but I guess someone better work, huh.

Oh, and congrats to my sister for finding out it will be a boy. Not that anyone on this side of the family are really surprised. Don't you have to have a boy on our side of the family?

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP