Is this really a fortune?

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I went to Manchu Wok for lunch today. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this rare delicacy, it is very similar to "Panda Express" --- in other words fast food Chinese food found in many airports, It is really not that good, but for lack of anything better, I make do. It is something that is fairly easy and clean to eat in an airplane.

So I finish my lunch on the way to Charlotte, NC and I get to my fortune cookie. They seem to often have odd sayings. I tend to think that they are written in Chinese, and the translation messes the saying up. I open up my cookie and pull out that white piece of paper...anticipation is just building, and then I get this:

"He is truly wise, who gains wisdom from another's mishap, and a truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn."

(Yeah, my thought exactly)

I hand it to my Captain to read, mainly because I do not want to be the only person bewildered by this wonderful fortune. I have long been under the impression that a fortune, should be just that. Something telling of times to come. I hope this is not saying that I am going to play leapfrog with anything, much less a unicorn.

I just had to share my "fortune" with you all. Aren't you happy you now know too?

4 comments:

hangel Friday, October 10, 2008 10:39:00 PM  

Strange and yet, totally informative. Seriously..playing leapfrog with a unicorn could be disasterous. Kind of like running in front of a fast bull with LARGE horns to gouge you with!

flyingace Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:34:00 PM  

To my mother...I understand the fortune, truly I do. I was more blogging about that it was a fortune at all. Not really about the consequences of playing leapfrog with a unicorn!

flyingace Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:34:00 PM  

To my mother...I understand the fortune, truly I do. I was more blogging about that it was a fortune at all. Not really about the consequences of playing leapfrog with a unicorn!

Blade Monday, October 13, 2008 10:48:00 AM  

Thats some good stuff there. More fortunes should be entertaining like that.

Sad part is.. there is probably a site out there where people wish unicorns were real so they could play leapfrog with them.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP