Sloths...Really?

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Being that this is now the third day of being stuck in fantastic Akron, Ohio with a broken plane that is still being fixed, I have watched a lot of HBO recently. Usually I can get into most whatever is playing on there. That was until the movie that was on yesterday afternoon --- 'Sloths'.

If you have not heard of it, much like I had not, fear not. You have in no way missed a cinema legend by any standards. It was a movie about sloths that invade people's bodies through the belly button (I knew that the button was dangerous) and turned said people into zombies. The movie was horrible. Actually I find the fact that I watched all 87 minutes of it worse than the movie itself, but that's a whole other story. The fact that s script is written, and directors and actors found, and the more disturbing fact that a studio PAID to have such crap produced is nothing short of amazing.

I cannot for the life of me understand how money can be wasted on garbage like this. The only redeeming feature of the movie is that it stared JD's (Scrubs) ex-girlfriend Kim who if you recall is also the mother of his son. Overall I guess the movie beat counting paint chips on the wall, but only by a very minor victory.

1 comments:

Blade Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:43:00 AM  

Well you have to at least assume it was a low budget - direct to HBO / DVD thing with that kind of movie. And if its campy enough, it just might be entertaining if you are bored enough.

I sat through 'In the Name of the King' yesterday. Over 2 hours of a painful movie experience. This was a big budget, big names, cinema feature and it was horrible. The story was based off some of the Dungeon Siege storylines which had so many possibilities for a good movie and yet they failed on an epic level.

It was so over the top in parts though that I found myself chuckling. It was supposed to be serious combat sequences and such, but it was just rediculous.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP