Another reason I do not go in the ocean!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

So I am finally back to work after 4 weeks off. A busy schedule with some long flights, but the weather has been cooperating, so it is going smoothly. Nothing out of the ordinary all the sudden, about a dozen people in suits showed up for our flight from Denver to Atlanta and they were talking with the ramp agents supervisory about a particular container that was going on our plane. We go about our business and then someone sticks their head up to our flight deck and shows us identification from the Atlanta Aquarium and states that we are transporting a rare "Viper fish" in one of our baggage compartments. The Captain and I look at each other, both trying to decide if we know what a viper fish is. So we ask, and he pulls some pictures out of his bag. Wow!





Yeah, so these things live in the ocean. I have never been a big fan of the ocean to begin with. I mean, it is full of garbage, filth, who knows how many people "go" while in it, and the animals that can eat me alive, don't excite me. Seeing pictures of fish like this just add to that. I mean this fish, usually measuring 12 inches, cannot even fit its fangs into its mouth. No, they are far to big for that. Instead they have to curl all they way up to their eyes. The fish uses said fangs to impale its victims. Yeah! Now, these fish do live in the deep sea, generally between 2000' - 5000' below the surface, so I guess we don't have to worry about them trying to impale us, but why take the chance?

1 comments:

Jenae C. Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:01:00 PM  

You're more afraid of getting your feet dirty in the sand on the beach than you are of the ocean creatures anyways!!!!!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP