COC 3407

Friday, February 13, 2009



So another one. This one is a polar opposite of the crash in the Hudson though. My company email is sent to my phone, and started going off just after midnight (of course just when I hit that nice deep stage of sleep) and we continued to get emails through out the night. So of course I turn on CNN (all the while my dear wife is somewhere off in dream land probably frolicking in fields of cows) and the images that started to fill the TV screen were horrible. Fire shooting up over the wreckage, and you just know that there were no survivors.

COC is the air traffic control code for 'Continental Connection' which is their express carriers. Colgan Airlines actually operated the Q400 aircraft and we share many crew rooms across the country with them. My heart goes out to everyone on board and to the families and friends that will grieve. In the midst of tragedy though, the idiotic show up in force. It disturbs me how callus and uncaring the press can seem to be. Watching the press conference this morning with the initial introductions of the NTSB investigators, the reporters that were asking questions seemed to forget that just a mile away from where they were sitting, 50 people had lost their life. The reporters asking questions like was there anyone important on board the aircraft. Whoever said there is no such thing as a stupid question...I am pretty sure that there is someone who is going to miss every single person on board. Who makes someone more important than another?

Later today, FOX news (the station that I HATE by the way) told a report of THREE of the 50 people who died. Apparently there were three important people on board and that's it. Included were a 9/11 widow, a human rights offical who worked in Rwanda, and a singer. What about the other 47 people? What about the husband who died in his own house when an airplane fell on top of him? What about the crew and their families? Apparently to FOX, none of them matter.

I guess I will stop rambling. I just get irritated when people turn a horrible and tragic situation into an embarrising news story because they cannot report with any sort of compassion. Shame on you FOX NEWS. Grow up and get off the air.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP