Ah, People Watching

Saturday, February 21, 2009

There is nothing like a horrible day at one of the world's busiest airport to really bring out the 'best' in people. I woke up today in Madison, looked out the window and knew that today was going to be one of those days. Gotta love the winter in the Midwest!

The airport was simply horrendous today. No way around that fact. Flights were late, if not canceled. People were missing connections left and right. It is how I imagine Hell to be like. A mix between a day at the airport, and walking in Disneyland...you know when you cannot move anywhere because of the cluster of people. Or when the idiot in front of you stops in the middle of the walkway to tie his shoe, or get something out of his suitcase...but I digress...

The thing to do though is find a place off to the side and watch. There is something about an airport that can turn anyone insane. Just in the first hour of being there, I saw an Asian women crying that she missed her flight and demanded the plane return for her (never mind the other 150 people on the place already or the fact they booked her on the next flight which was only 90 minutes away). I saw a man get arrested in front of his kid for threading a gate agent (something about the flight being oversold and not enough seats for everyone.) A dog had escaped from the owners little carry one bag and so there was this sad excuse of a dog (all I am guessing 3 pounds of it) zig zagging through the people. I am surprised that dog didn't get hurt or stepped on. There was chaos everywhere. You truly could not escape the madness if you wanted to.

It is amazing though how odd people can be. The point at which people break is the best part --- trying to figure out what could send someone over the edge. Why can one person miss a flight and still smile, while the next is balling her eyes out at the counter?

I guess the best thing to do if you are traveling is to avoid O'Hare. There is nothing good that can come from traveling through this airport. Although, you may just make good entertainment for the people around you!

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP