Friday the 13th brings Weird News

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The leading story on CNN tonight was that a British boy had become a father. Not the most note-worthy news I have heard, but then came the twist. The boy was only 13 and I swear he does not look a day over about 9. Apparently he had gotten his then 14 year old (now 15) girlfriend pregnant when he was only 12, and is now a father at the age of 13. I cannot imagine. I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what I would do as a father at the age of 25, but that is just me.

So, who is to blame? Well, people say you cannot blame the parents for everything, but I will go ahead and blame them for this one. In fact, the father gave his 12 year old son permission to sleep over at this girl's house. WHAT? I remember growing up that my parents would not allow the opposite sex of my siblings or me upstairs at all, which happened to be where the bedrooms were. But yet, here is a dad more or less giving the green light for this to occur sending his son to this girl bedroom. Yikes!


In other Friday the 13th news, Duke University researchers found that the average college student was as good in basic math as were most primates. That's right, our monkey friends can do basic math as well as us. The research found that monkeys were as fast or faster when it came to sorting, counting, and other basic math problems. My question is, with the economy in the toilet, why are we spending millions of dollars to figure out if monkeys are good at math? Go figure.

Anyway, hope everyone had an uneventful Friday the 13th.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP