On an airplane?? Really?
Saturday, September 27, 2008
I think we have all seen our share of different people. Airports have no shortage of them either. There are hundreds of different cultures, especially at big international airports such as Chicago O'Hare. The ways people act and dress are varied and a lot seems to depend on their cultures. We had a guy on our flight from Chicago - Charleston, SC yesterday that took the cake though.
I am not a big fan of the way a lot of people dress on airplanes. Flying used to be an occasion to dress for. Now I am not saying that everyone needs to wear suits to fly, but I also don't think that plaid pajama pants and sleeveless workout shirts are proper attire either. You are on an airplane, and today you are cramped, but you also need to consider that you are also among other people and need to dress accordingly. Enter then man wearing overalls and NO SHIRT. Now, I personally haven't seen overalls being worn in an airport before this, much less with no shirt. I had to do about a quadrupile take. I could not believe what I was seeing. What the heck are you thinking? Aside from being one of the more disturbing choices of clothing, do you think anyone really wants to see that? Why do you think you should get on my airplane dressed like that. Why do you think you have the right to make the people sitting next to you and around you uncomfortable? Oh, and why the heck would you ever wear that anyway?
There have been lawsuits in the past, mostly agaist Southwest Airlines for kicking females off who have skirts that are far too short or shirts that are far too low. So why is it that this man was allowed to go through secuirty, and board our airplane with what he was wearing. I know that a lot of people would fight a dress code on airplanes, screaming freedom of expression or whatever, but I'll take a dress code over having to look at that anyday. (Of course I was a kid who wanted a dress code and uniform for school too).
So please, to all you out there, do not wear overalls with no shirt on an airplane (prefeberly anywhere at all).
0 comments:
Post a Comment