The Chocolate Chip Cookie too???

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We were coming out of Norfolk today, and sitting across the ramp was nothing else than Sen. Obama's plane. Come to find out he was doing a town hall thing about 4 minutes away from where our hotel was. At least the street closures all make sense anyway. Here is a picture of the plane --- just for my mom :-)




Of course none of that has to do with a chocolate chip cookie...or does it? Everyone knows that Sen. McCain is 72. If he is elected, he will be the oldest President to be sworn in. It seems like his age is constantly being called an issue. I am not sure why it is really an issue, but none the less, a book is out titled "The 72 things Younger than McCain". The article did not have the full list, as I guess we will have to buy the book to get that, but here are some of the things it did have listed:

--Rice Krispie Treats (how could anyone ever have gone through life without those?)
--Cheerios
--SPAM (no big loss there if you ask me)
--Nachos (it is cheese and chips, how did nobody put those together before?)
--Margaritas
--Duct Tape (how did the world ever get held together without duct tape?)
--Many Zip Codes and Area codes

and the killer:

--The Chocolate Chip Cookie. That's right the most popular cookie out there was actually not first concocted until 1937. Who knew? I thought that cookie was around for hundreds of years...too bad for those who never got a chocolate chip cookie and rice krispie treats. I don't think you have lived until you have enjoyed both of those!

McCain himself has taken all this in good fun, even bringing his mother who is the young age of 96 into the debate as well. Good for him.

Makes you look back though. I am in my mid 20's (scary to think of that too...) and I can think of quite a few things that have made their appearance in my life time. Now trying to think of the many, many years my parents have been around --- just kidding mom and dad:-) and all the things they have seen too. The bottom line is new things are always coming. Now, I haven't seen many things better than the Rice Krispie Treat, but I am sure someone is working on something. I say good for McCain for being where he is at 72. I honestly hope I have the drive and determination that he does at his age. No matter how you feel about McCain, it is nice to see someone who is not ready to sit back and let life pass by, even at the age of 72.

One other thing to consider, especially for all those who live in AZ; if McCain is elected, it will be at least one more senior citizen driver off the roads in Phoenix!

1 comments:

Jenae C. Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:19:00 AM  

I like chocolate chip rice krispie treats!!!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP