What if that were a gun???
Monday, December 15, 2008
For those of you who tend to not watch much but the Disney Channel and the like (my dear wife, sister, etc.) you probably did not know that President Bush had made a surprise trip to the Middle East. He had planned to meet with some of our armed forces, take a recent tour, and meet with the Prime Minister of Iraq to showcase the recent plunge in violence and to celebrate the latest agreement between Iraq and the U.S. All fairly routine things, especially since he is leaving office in 5 weeks. However the trip was anything but routine.
During a press conference with Iraq's Prime Minister, an Iraqi reporter had actually taken off both his shoes to wait for the perfect moment to literally chuck them at Bush. Apparently in Iraq, throwing shoes at someone is the ultimate sign of contempt. Bush ducked as the first shoe went flying over his head, and the guy managed to get the second shoe thrown before the Secret Service had any idea what was happening. I mean they are shoes. Imagine if that had been a gun. I think the secret service was too busy playing cards or napping or something because I have see a wet moose getting electrocuted move faster than they did.
If you haven't seen the tape, here it is:
a href="">
See how slow they were? I guess I have seen to many movies with agents tackling the President to ensure his safety. I don't think anyone even checked on Bush. oh well. Enjoy your Monday!<
0 comments:
Post a Comment