...The Snow is so Delightful!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter is here. That much I know. A winter storm warning was issued for last night through today at noon, saying 8-12 inches of snow is expected. Well, Jenae had to be at work at 730am this morning, and she asked me last night to drive her. No problem, except Jenae didn't wake me up, and she decided to drive herself. She got about 39 feet from our apartment and then my cell phone rings and wakes me up out of my coma I was in. She tells me to look out the window. I do, and she the Saab. She tells me she's stuck. Fantastic!

I get up, get dressed and get in my car and drive all 39 feet and after a minute of digging, get her out. I park her car in the gargae, meet her back at my car and proceed to drive her to work. I thought. For those who know our area, you know that there is a traffic light where we always go out onto Main street. No worries unless you have to stop in the 9 inches of snow. Needless to say, when the light turned green, now I was stuck. Fantastic x2!

The owner from the coffee house beneath our apartment came out to help and Jenae climbs in the driver's seat so he and I can push. We wait for the green light, begin to push and it is working, but the light turns yellow, red. Oh well, we tell Jenae to keep driving through the light onto Main street. We thank the guy, Jenae moves over and I drive her to work. As we get into the parking lot, we see another person stuck at the exit of the lot. I drop Jenae off and Jenae's manager and myself help dig the overnight phamracist out and get her on her way. Fun morning. I get home without any other incidents, but see a lot of shovels out this morning.

Jenae calls me a couple hours later. She was the 730am person, and was 20 minutes late. The 8am person called, stuck in the snow, and was 20 mintues late. The next person's car had been burried by the snow plows, and still had not made it to work yet, and the 4th person, who lives 35 minutes away, said she was not even going to attempt to come in until the roads started to be plowed. See a theme developing?
School's were all canceled today...as expected. Too bad work was not for Jenae, huh?

2 comments:

The Traveling Gnome Friday, December 19, 2008 3:48:00 PM  

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

Just thought you would like to know that it is sunny and 50 in Redding.

Drive careful.

Dad #2

Jenae C. Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:45:00 AM  

They should have cancelled work for a snow day too! Safety of employees trying to get to work? Maybe? It was dead anyways, no one came in...

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP