Don't Piss off the Flight Attendants
Friday, December 12, 2008
We overnighted in Charlotte, NC last night and had an all too early show this morning of 4:45am. We get to the gate, and the gate agent is there to let us down to the plane, as always, but she also has some news.
Yesterday, on a commercial flight (she didn't know exactly what airline) had to make an emergency landing because of an incapacitate pilot, which is a big reason why there are two pilots on board. I though maybe the guy had a heart attack, or something like that, but no...not quite. The captain had been vomiting and had trouble breathing, but the reason is the weird part. The flight attendant admitted to putting some sort of prescription eye drops in the captain's coffee. Apparently the flight attendant did not like the captain and though this was a good way to make the captain miserable. Well, it worked, but now the flight attendant has been arrested and is being charged with terrorist acts against flight crew members, which at the minimum sentence carries a federal prison term of 25 years.
Now, I don't think the captain could have done anything to deserve this. Even the most anal captains still deserve respect for their job. I cannot believe that the flight attendant put him and an entire planeload of people at risk for a stupid and mean prank. What if the first officer had gotten sick too, or if he was preoccupied helping the captain rather than flying the plane? There could have been drastic consequences for these immature actions. Now, I have heard stories of flight attendants shaking up cans of soda before giving them to captains they don't like, or giving them a 3am wake up call when they actually don't need it, all of which is very uncalled for, but this is a new low. I hope this person gets what she deserves. I say do the trial in Texas and go for the death penalty.
Moral of the story: don't piss off the flight attendants. I think I will get my own drinks from now on rather than asking the flight attendants on board. Maybe safer that way!
2 comments:
I agree that what the flight attendant did was completely uncalled for. It was reckless and dangerous. There is nothing the pilot could have done that would justify those actions.
HOWEVER, flight attendants deserve respect for their jobs as well. I'm thinking that is probably where the problem started. The pilot obviously did/said something pretty awful, and most likely did/said it often.
P.S.
Hi Jeremy :D
Kim
Post a Comment