Hoodie-Hoo To You Too!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008



It is 20 February, which means it is the Northern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day. According to CNN and a little other research I have done after hearing the report of this day, it is apparently a fairly well know day. I must have been living under a rock for the last 24 years of my life, because I never knew that every 20 February causes people to get excited about Hoodie-Hoo.

Just in case you have been joining me under the rock, he is the little bit of history I have found on this unusual sounding day:

The Holiday was started 1962 during a year where the winter was especially harsh and the people were trying to find a way to drive off winter and welcome the spring. (Maybe it was the drugs talking.)It is for everyone who is tired of being cooped up all winter and are a little crazy from not seeing the sun.So how do you celebrate? At noon (or whenever your heart desires, but it works best at high noon) you go outside, wave your hands high over your head and yell "Hoodie-Hoo" until you feel that the winter has been chased away. If you do that, a month from today should bring you a sunny spring time. So make sure you yell "Hoodie-Hoo" and wave your hands, and mark your calendars for next year! So I bid you all goodbye for the day with a very happy "Hoodie-Hoo" to you all!

2 comments:

Jenae C. Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:07:00 PM  

So are we going to run outside in an hour and yell "hoodie-hoo?" The neighbors may give us some looks, unless of course, they haven't been living under the same rock we have been!!!

hangel Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:24:00 PM  

Ummmm...Hoodie-Hoo (wave wave)

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP