Shouldn't you be saving that money???
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The news on CNN this morning, among other things of course, was a story about a single mother of three who has been out of work for almost a year living with family won the lottery of 6.5 million dollars. She bought a $5 ticket at the local 7-11 and it turned her life around. Congrats in order, maybe, but not if you ask me.
My problem lies here: she has been on welfare and unemployment and state medical aid. Now, I am glad all these government aids are in place for those that need them. There are lots of hard working families out there who are still not making ends meet, deserve to get a little help from the government. However if you are sitting on welfare, food stamps, and the like and then buying lottery tickets, that's where I would like to say, give me my tax money back.
Of course, out of that 6.5 million dollars she will probably get around 3 million after taxes, so some say that she is paying her debt to the government and taxpayers. I call bull on that one. I just personally do not think she should have been there in the first place. That ticket should not have been hers because she should not have been playing. Everyone I know works very hard and seems to get underpaid for the jobs they do and our tax dollars are being given to others to go play the lottery??? Nope. Not happening for me. We don't even play the lottery with the money that we have. I am not letting anyone else play on our dime too. Now I just got to figure out a way to stop paying taxes...
0 comments:
Post a Comment