A little morbid, but...
Monday, April 6, 2009
Today is "plan your epitaph" day. Yeah, I am not sure why there is a national day on planning your own epitaph, but there is. At first I was surprised that there was even such a day, but then as I was reading the origin and the thousands of comments left about the day, it started making sense.
Apparently this day is a two-fold type day. For the old (those above, never mind we'll skip the age) it is meant as a way for you to get involved and to express your wishes for your ceremony. Even a simple way to express to your loved ones your basic wishes about buried vs. cremated and decisions like that. To the rest, or those people who really don't want to plan their own funeral, it is a chance to look back at yourself and see what people will say about you. Are you the always loving and always loved, or maybe the jackass that everyone hates to be around. Either way, a gentle reminder to be the best to everyone always, because you never know when it will be your last time to see them or talk to them.
On a different, but almost as depressing of a subject to me, I have the final (God willing) phase of the horrible dental trauma tomorrow afternoon. Now in a weird way, I am looking forward to going, because well, stuff looming over your head just blows (oh and those 20 seconds of the drugs hitting my body before I pass out just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy --- really they do!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment