Don't look down!!!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
I am currently sitting in the hotel in Savannah, GA watching TV, and I see a commercial for probably one of the strangest, yet interesting ideas. It is called "Dinner in the Sky." I had to go to the website, as I just had never heard of such a thing. Apparently the idea, which started in Europe, is very simple. Get 15 of your closest friends together, you strap yourself into a dining chair with a 4-point harness, and then a crane lifts you in the sky between 75-150 feet. This is no skimpy dinning either. The chefs come with you in the air, in the middle of the table equipped to make you all a meal to remember for more than just the view.
There are pictures from the company all over the world, from China to Amsterdam to the U.S. These below are from Italy. 


Now I must say, I am truly fascinated by the idea. I don't know what you have to do if you have to, say use the restroom or things like that.
The downside, you pay for 16 people at $1,200 a head. And that does not include any fees that a city might charge you for setting up a crane somewhere. The only thing I fear, I would drop a knife or fork. Bad enough doing that in a restaurant when it falls on the floor 3 feet away, but a fork falling 100+ feet, well, that could do some damage. Anyone want to invite me for dinner?!?!
3 comments:
When I win the lottery (which will be never because you can't win if you don't play) I will take us all up there. Don't you think mom would have fun? I would guess that the utensils are somehow secured to the table...to prevent you from killing someone below!
I WILL NOT EAT UP THERE!!!! Even if you are buying Courtney! No way, No how...mom and I will eat in the restaurant on the ground floor of the building beneath you instead!!
There are a lot cooler things I can think of to do with 1200 bucks per person. :P
Post a Comment