We are not in Kansas anymore!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I have yet to figure people out. The whole east coast has been pounded by weather from Chicago to Atlantic Ocean. Yet, here we are, sitting in Washington D.C., with the our concourse more or less tornado ready (people away from windows, etc.) and people are coming up and asking us why we are delayed. What do you say to these people who could just look outside and see the cow from 'Twister' flying by the window, not to mention the 1/2 inch hail and lighting that could probably be seen from China it was so bright. Really people, I know generally people lose at least 20 IQ points when they walk into an airport, but even the slowest person in the world knows that severe weather and airplanes do not mix. They are like my wonderful wife and vodka....they just do not agree with each other.

Needless to say, the majority of flights after 6pm were canceled, leaving me to spend the night in IAD rather than Detroit. Oh well...a hotel is a hotel I guess.

There is a lesson to be learned in all this. Nobody wants to have an aircraft delayed. ESPECIALLY THE CREW. We do not get paid for any delay time, canceled flights, or MX issues. We just want to fly the legs, get to the hotel, and do it again the next day. Getting mad at us for things beyond anyone's control (i.e. weather) is just pointless. Oh, and it makes the flight attendants shake your can of diet Coke before they give it to you. Just a helpful hint :-)

2 comments:

Jenae C. Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:28:00 PM  

MY WONDERFUL WIFE AND VODKA??? Ok, so we don't mix well, but I bet if I flew in an airplane through that weather I might have the same reaction!!! Love you!

hangel Thursday, June 05, 2008 1:30:00 PM  

I mix very well with vodka. I like vodka. I like vodka a lot. A whole lot. :-) Especially Effen Vodka. Come drink with me!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP