So this is life in Kentucky, huh?
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
To finish the last little part of my training at Mesa, my sim partner and I were sent to Northern Kentucky for some simulator training. We got here on Saturday and will be here just under two weeks, and everyday I see something that reminds me that we are truly in KY. Now Kentucky has the distinction of being grouped with West Virginia and Tenn --- in otherwords a little backwoods for a lack of better word. What we saw today, put that in total perspective for me.
I was in my hotel room with the TV on, and the local news came on. The lead story was that the Miss Outdoor Teen Kentucky contest was last night and it had a profile about the winner. The winner was a 17 year old high school senior who won the whole thing, but they were asking about her talent portion of the contest. She said she sang....nice right? Well she did sing, she sang while skinning a muskrat. She had made up a song about how to properly skin a muskrat. She then sang and skinned the muskrat and gave the hide to a judge. Talk about a bribe huh? It's not everyday you get offered a freshly skinned muskrat hide from a singing teenager.
Just leave it to the local news to give you a reminder of where you are...and yes, I happen to be in Kentucky.
1 comments:
it wasn't that bad. covington was fun.
Post a Comment