The hate grows more and more each time he talks!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

For a long time I have severely disliked John Travolta. Now, he is a fairly descent actor, but I cannot stand seeing any of his movies and supporting him. I would not go as far as my brother does with Kristen Dunst, I mean I do not wish any shovels to the face, but I do wish he would stop talking all together.

So what's the problem? The problem is he is a condescending ass. For those who somehow do not know, Travolta likes to fly. Great. He has his commercial pilot's license and owns five airplanes with a house actually built on a private airport. Pretty sweet actually. My beef is that he pretends he is an airline pilot. He bought a plane and wanted to paint it in Quanta Airline's colors. He talked Quants into giving him a type rating in the 747. HE DRESSES IN A FULL PILOT UNIFORM WHEN HE FLIES. What kind of idiot dresses for a job he does not have? That is like me putting on scrubs and a pager and going to a hospital. I am pretty sure I could cut a kidney out if I had to (okay, so maybe not, but still).

What got me on this today though, is an email I got from a buddy that had an interview that Travolta did recently in London. In the interview, Travolta was asked a number of questions about his flying career (which again HE HAS NONE OF) but did he say that, no. He was also asked how good of a pilot he is to have earned 747 type ratings. He said QUOTING

"I believe based on my experiences in many different types of aircraft and the training I have received that I would rank my skills well above that of the average commercial airline pilot. I would much rather fly myself any day than to put my life in somebody's hands that may be less experienced and far less skilled."


Okay, so maybe I do need to borrow my brother's shovel, because clearly Travolta needs a swift hit in the head to knock some common sense and respect into his head. There are people who have been flying for the military and then commercially for 50 years and have thousands upon thousands of hours in dozens of different types of aircraft, but Travolta does not think they are as skilled as him???? Heck, even I fly on average 85 hours of actually flight time a month. Travolta averages 9 according to his own records. I fly more in a 4 day trip than he will fly in 3 months, but he is the better pilot.

I wish I did not hate him so. He has a new movie coming out that looks good, but I just will not be able to see it. I can not do it.

M

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP