I wish I had Secret Service...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
So flying into South Bend, IN last Sunday was quite a mess. Normally a quiet airport, it is also the gateway to Notre Dame University, and when Pres. Obama agrees to give the commencement speech there, well, it turns a little chaotic. 
There were tons of people everywhere (to be expected, but man.) I have seen Air Force One prior to this, but have never been on the actual airport when he arrives, and let me tell you it is quite a different scene. I wish I had charged the camera, because all I was able to take was about 5 pictures, and three didn't turn out. Oh well.
Helicopters circling, and having to identify ourselves to the Secret Service on the field and have them run us through a security system just to allow us to be on the ramp. To have a bomb sniffing dog (very cool dog by the way) come on board our airplane as we were at the gate, and to SEE THE SNIPERS. Yes, they were on roofs of the terminal buildings, even on the control tower. Quite an experience. All though, he did screw up our times, and we were running almost 2 hours late for the rest of the day.
Here is one picture that did turn out as we were taxiing past where Air Force One was parked (after the Pres finally left the airport --- oh and his motorcade was outrageous. Three limos, 5 SUVs, two SWAT vehicles, two all black ambulances, and A HELICOPTER following his every move.) You get to see some of the spotters and the plane in the background. 
2 comments:
Sorry it messed up your schedule, but that is very very cool.
How cool! Mary McDaniel, pharmacist at 67th and Union Hills had the same view of Air Force One and the motorcade - only from the top to Sun Devil stadium. She was there for her daughter's graduation. I am glad to know that Pres. Obama is so well protected.
Post a Comment